Cardiology is the field that deals with anomalies and disorders of the human cardiovascular system (heart and blood arteries). In Pakistan, cardiovascular illnesses are the primary cause of sudden death.
Why Is Healthy Heart So Important?Heart disease is the leading cause of mortality worldwide. According to the World Health Organization, around 17.9 people die each year due to cardiac problems. Heart disease frequently goes undetected, leading to potentially fatal acute illnesses such as heart attacks. Early identification of heart ailment is vital to living a healthy and long life, so have your heart examined regularly.
Who are Cardiologists?MMI Hospital has the best cardiology doctor in Karachi. Cardiologists are specialists who specialize in blood arteries and heart problems. They accommodate patients in treating heart ailments. Cardiovascular illnesses are prevalent, particularly among Pakistanis. Furthermore, they also educate their patients on various ways to prevent heart disease and adopt practices that can reduce the risk of heart disease. Why should we visit? The heart is the most sensitive part, and it is essential to visit an excellent cardiac doctor frequently to maintain your health. Patients with a history of heart problems are more prone to develop symptoms earlier. Furthermore, people who are into smoking, have high blood pressure, or have an unhealthy lifestyle can also get heart disease.
Forms of CardiologistsThere are numerous types of cardiac doctors in Karachi. Some cardiologists only practice general cardiology medicine, or they can choose to specialize in the cardiology field. Cardiology has 11 kinds of subspecialties.
- General Cardiologists: These cardiologists are in charge of diagnosing, treating, and managing heart disease. If you experience angina pain or a heart rhythm problem due to a heart attack, you should see this cardiologist.
- Pediatric Cardiologists: These cardiologists treat cardiac disease and pests in infants, children, and teenagers. MMI Hospital has the best pediatric cardiac surgeon in Karachi.
- Interventional Cardiologists: Interventional cardiologists are experts in the non-surgical treatment of valve disease, coronary artery disease, carotid artery disease, and peripheral artery disease. For these disorders, cardiac catheterization is used by heart specialists.
- Electrophysiologists: An electrophysiologist treats irregular or very slow heart paces. These cardiologists employ cardioverter-defibrillators, pacemakers, and catheter ablations.
- Cardiac Imaging Specialists: These cardiologists use advanced imaging modalities to identify heart problems. Echocardiography, stress tests with imaging, cardiac CT scans, cardiac MRI, and echocardiography are examples of this technology.
- Heart Failure Specialists: These cardiologists are heart failure specialists who can help with everything from diagnosing to managing symptoms and delaying the risk of heart failure.
- Congenital Heart Specialists: These genetic heart specialists can be pediatric or adult cardiologists. Congenital cardiac disease is a congenital disability. Some of these abnormalities become apparent after birth or during childhood. A hole in the heart is one such illness that goes undiagnosed until late adulthood.
- Cardio-Oncologists: These cancer specialists focus on treating cardiac issues in cancer patients. Chemotherapy and radiation contain harmful chemicals that harm the heart. These cardiologists reduce the risk of cancer-related heart ailments.
- Preventive Cardiologists: If you have a family history of heart problems or abnormalities, you should see a preventative cardiologist. These heart specialists assist you in analyzing your heart illness and providing a specific treatment strategy to lower the risk.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialists: After a heart attack, heart failure, or heart surgery, these heart specialists assist you in planning and observing nutrition plans and supervised actions.
- Cardiac Surgeons: These cardiologists are the specialized surgeons who perform heart surgery such as aorta surgery, coronary artery bypass grafting, valve replacement, open-heart surgery, etc.
Cardiologist Department in MMI HospitalMMI Hospital Cardiology is a private sector cardiology institute in Karachi, Pakistan. Here you will find the most qualified and best cardiac surgeons in Karachi. Preventing heart disease should be a priority for everyone, especially those at higher risk. Similarly, MMI Hospital's purpose is to convey the delight of good health while giving a higher level of care. MMI Hospital has the best and most famous cardiologists in Karachi. MMI's cardiology department has highly qualified specialists and staff for heart treatments and illnesses. Our Cardiology section caters to many patients with minor to critical heart diseases with great precision and care. Doctors are MMIH provide the finest treatment to their patients which makes them the best cardiologist in Karachi.
Non-Invasive Services :
- ECG ( Electrosardiogram)
- Stress Echocardiography
- ECHO (Echocardiography)
- 24-hour pressure monitoring
Invasive Cath-Lab services:
- Coronary and peripheral angiography
- Coronary and peripheral angioplasty
- Right heart catheterization
- Permanent pacemaker implantation and interrogation
- Heart failure device implantation and interrogation
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a cardiac surgeon and a cardiologist?A cardiologist is a doctor who has completed their specialization in diagnosing and treating heart ailments or the cardiovascular system. In contrast, a cardiac surgeon is a specialist who does heart surgery.
How can I schedule an appointment?You can visit MMI Hospital for an appointment or visit our Find a Doctor page.
Are there any cardiac surgeons in MMIH?Yes, MMI Hospital has the most experienced and best cardiac surgeon in Karachi.
Do you have a cardiologist who is available on Sunday?Yes, Dr Javed Ahmed Jalbani is one of the best cardiologist doctors in Karachi; he offers his services on Sundays.
Why MMI Hospital is the best Cardiac hospital in Karachi?MMI Hospital is one of the best cardiac hospitals in Karachi because of the extensive range of services it offers. Our cardiology department has managed many patients with minor difficulties and those with severe heart conditions.
Weekly Available Specialist
Dr.Abdul Salam Majeed Agha
MBBS.FCPS Cardiology (AKU) Post Fellwship Intervertional Cardiology (Tabba Heart Institute)
04:00PM to 07:00PM (Mon,Wed,Sat)
09:00AM to 01:00PM (Tue,Thu,Fri)
09:00AM to 01:00PM (Tue,Thu,Fri)
Consultant Cardiologist and Intervertional cardiologist,used to practice as consultant cardiologist at tabba heart institute done fellowship in internal medicine/cardiology from agha khan university and post fellowship in Intervertional cardiology from tabba heart institute. MBBS (Dow Medical College ) internal medicine (Agha Khan University Hospital ( 3 years ) FCPS cardiology (Agha khan university hospital ( 3 Years ) Consultant cardiologist tabba heart institute ( 2 Years ) Intervertional cardiology fellowship in tabba heart institute ( 2 Years ) Internal Medicine, Cardiolog,Intervertional cardiology ( Coronary Angioplasty + Angiography simple and complex,Peripheral Vascular Coronary Intervertional.
Dr.Jagdeesh Kumar Budhani
MBBS, FCPS(Cardiology), Post Fellowship Intervention Cardiology ( NICVD )
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM (Mon,Wed,Fri,Sat)
04:00 PM to 07:00 PM (Tue,Thu)
04:00 PM to 07:00 PM (Tue,Thu)
Has earned fellowship FCPS in cardiology in 2018, has earned fellowship in intervention cardiology from NICVD 2020. Focus of interest in clinical & intervention cardiology & cardiac critical care medicine.